- Install Oracle VirtualBox
- Create new virtual machine. Assign at least 20 Gb of virtual disk space
and at least 2 Gb of virtual RAM to the newly created virtual machine.
- Install Windows (preferrably XP SP2) into the virtual machine and enter
default username without non-English characters and spaces (preferrably "User").
Filesystem of disk C: should be NTFS.
- After installation of virtual OS, install Oracle Guest Additions and
enable Shared Folder with a host system.
- Download setup.exe from http://www.cygwin.com/
and install Cygwin (preferrably all packages) to the folder having name without
spaces (preferrably "C:\Cygwin"). Downloading all packages from the Internet
may take a long time.
- When done, shutdown the Cygwin VM and take snapshot "SNAP-1".
>> Read next section or
buy already prepared
cross-compiler ($10) to save your time.